Follow these steps:
Once courses have been uploaded, an assignment may be created for a course section. Creation of assignments within the Administrative Account will automatically be distributed and populate in faculty and student accounts. Faculty may create additional assignments related to the course as well as copy, edit or add to administrator-generated assignments (e.g. due dates). The steps for creating, copying, and editing an assignment are identical for faculty and administrators.
- Log into a faculty or administrative account.
- Click on the Courses tab.
- Click on the appropriate Course Code or Course Name from the All Courses page.
- Click the Assignments tab located under the course title.
- Click the Create button.
- Enter a Title for the assignment.
- Enter an optional Description.
- Beneath the Description textbox, there is a show more link. Click on this link to display the Show Assignments to Students checkbox. By default this checkbox is selected. If this checkbox is selected students will be able to view the assignment on their Dashboard after the Post Date has passed. Leave the checkbox selected if a student is required to submit an artifact to the assignment. If the checkbox is not selected, the assignment will not be displayed to the student. However, it will still be displayed on the faculty's view. For example, this may be an assessment conducted on class participation or an oral presentation.
- When Submission Status Change Confirmation is checked instructors are provided a warning stating that if they begin an assessment on a student who is in the “Awaiting Submission” column the student will be unable to submit to the assignment. This checkbox is selected by default.
- The Allow LiveText Documents checkbox is selected by default. This allows students to submit LiveText documents to the assignment. a. Un-select the checkbox to prevent students from submitting LiveText
- The Allow External Files check box is also selected by default. This allows students to submit external files (i.e. documents, spreadsheets, and photos) to the course assignment.
a. Un-select the checkbox to prevent students from submitting external files documents to the course assignment. to the course assignment.
- Click on show more link to view more Resources & Settings options.
a. For more information please navigate to the following sections
i. Insert Assignment Template
ii. Insert File Type Constraints and a Required Number of Files
iii. Insert Resources and Standards
- Click the attach button next to Rubrics to choose an optional assessment document that will be used when student submissions are evaluated.
- In the Attach Rubrics to Assignment window which opens, select the checkbox next to the title of any LiveText assessment documents which are to be attached to the assignment. Multiple assessment documents may be selected.
- Click the attach button to attach the select assessment document to the assignment.
- For each attached rubric, you may select the checkbox next to Withhold assessment document and completed rubric from students to prevent students from viewing the assessment document.
- Check the checkbox next to Show Rubrics to Students to allow students to view the assessment document. Note: This setting will be overwritten for any rubric which has the Withhold assessment document and completed rubric from students checkbox selected.
- The checkbox next to Students Can Retract Submission is selected by default. If this checkbox is selected, then students may retract their submission if the due date has not passed and the instructor has not begun an assessment for the assignment.
a. Unselect this checkbox to prevent students from withdrawing submissions
- Choose an Assessment Type; by definition, formative assessments are on- going assessments, reviews, and observations. Summative assessments are typically culminating or final assessments used to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and learning at the end of an academic term, year, or at a pre- determined time. Summative assessment is the default option.
- The Publish Grades checkbox is selected by default. This allows a student to receive the assessment results instantly after an assessor completes and submits the assessment.
a. Uncheck the box to manually release assessment result after all student
- Select the Include Other Assessors checkbox to begin adding other assessors.
a. For more information please navigate to the following section
- Under the Availability area, select a Post date. This is the date that the assignment will be displayed in the student's account.
- Click on show more link to select a Due Date for the assignment.
- Near the top of the page, click on the button to review the selections for this assignment in a new window. assessments are completed.
i. Include Other Assessors
a. Click either the Review Selections button or the button to close the window.
- Click the save assignment button to save the assignment and return to the Assignment Details tab.
- To return to the Assignment Details tab without saving, click the cancel button.