Modified on: Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 5:21 PM
Top Security Tips
Do not share sensitive data
- Do not share personal information via email.
- Do not open email attachments from sources you do not trust.
- Back up your devices regularly.
- Do not click on internet pop up ads or videos, especially on social media.
- Keep your browser and operating software up to date.
Keep passwords private
- Do not share passwords, and change your passwords often.
- Longer passwords are stronger passwords. We recommend 8 or more characters with more complexity.
- Use multi-factor authentication, like 2-step authentications
- Do not display passwords on or near your device!
Be smart with your smart device
- Enable secure access and have a password
- Delete emails that contain confidential information.
- Report a lost or stolen phone.
- Do not store confidential information in your phone such as PINs or credit card information.
- Beware of GPS tracking in your device.
Only join secure WiFi networks
- Faculty/Staff can use SSTP VPN to connect to the NPU network when off campus.
- Do not pay bills, access bank accounts or shop online over public WiFi.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.