How to print a PDF file from your personal laptop while on campus
The NPU Web Print Services can be used to print to the lab printer located in the Library building using your personal laptop. The printing charges will be debited from your papercut account. In short, you need to upload your file through the web print system, select a printer, and pick up the print job in the Library. The NPU Web print service only supports certain PDF files. You cannot print files outside these types regardless of whether you have appropriate, supporting software installed on the originating computer.
Acceptable File Types
Please note: NPU Web Printing Service only supports certain PDF types. You cannot print files outside these types regardless of whether you have appropriate, supporting software installed on the originating computer.
Application / File Type
Using NPU Web Print Service
1. Check if you meet the following requirements.
a. You must have sufficient funds in your printing account. If not, please deposit the funds at the library service counter.
b. You must have a valid NPUNet computer username/password, which you can use to login to the public computers or the wireless network (NPU-WiFi or NPU-WiFi-Secure). Note: the account is NOT your OSC student portal account.
c. Your document is a PDF file that can be opened by Acrobat Reader.
2. Open a web browser and go to https://printerserver.npu.edu:9192/user
Alternatively, you may click the "details" link in your papercut window (where you balance is).
Then login by using your NPUNet computer username/password
3. Once you’ve logged in, the account summary window will load. Click the “Web Print” link on the left hand side of the window.
4. This is the Web print window. To begin, click the “Submit a Job” link.
5. Select the default printer and click the “Print Options and Account Selection” button to continue.
· For students, the only printer is NPUNet-LabPrinter
6. Select the number of copies of your document you wish to print and click “Upload Document.”
Note: The only supported document type is PDF format, if you want to print a word document or a webpage, please convert it to PDF first.
You can either upload a PDF file or drag a PDF to the panel, then click the “Upload & Complete” button to submit the printing task.
7. Once you click the “Upload & Complete” button, you will see the WebPrint result displayed as below.